Pfizer, Inc. (PFE) Set to Rise Further as Bullish Trend Extends
Pfizer, Inc. (PFE) had mixed results during its last earnings report on October 30th. Though the company’s Q3 earnings beat analysts’ estimates, Q3 revenue came in below expectations. But the stock reacted bullishly nonetheless, rising sharply throughout the trading day after the morning earnings announcement.
From a technical perspective, the price of PFE stock has been in a strong uptrend, especially throughout most of this year. In June, that uptrend began to accelerate, and the stock hit a multi-year high in early October. Since that high, the stock has pulled back, but has a solid potential to extend its upside momentum substantially further.
The Technicals Rating
The Technicals gives PFE a bullish rating of 7 (on a scale of 1-10, with ’10’ being the most bullish and ‘1’ being the most bearish). Below are some of the key technicals for PFE, as well as other relevant information that paints a moderately bullish picture of the stock:
- Price Position vs 200-Day SMA: +13.71% (above) – BULLISH
- Position vs 50-Day SMA: +1.05% (above) – BULLISH
- Position vs 20-Day SMA: +0.76% (above) – BULLISH
- 100-Day Trend Slope (Linear Regression): BULLISH
- 200-Day Trend Slope (Linear Regression): BULLISH
- Stochastics (14,3,3) Level: In the Middle – NEUTRAL
- RSI (14) Level: In the Middle – NEUTRAL
- Position in Bollinger Bands: In the Middle – NEUTRAL
- Sector (ETF: XPH) Long-Term 200-Day Trend: BULLISH
- Sector (ETF: XPH) Medium-Term 100-Day Trend: BEARISH
- Market (S&P 500) Long-Term 200-Day Trend: BULLISH
- Market (S&P 500) Medium-Term 100-Day Trend: BULLISH
- Short Interest Ratio: 0.86% – BULLISH
- Mean Implied Volatility (IV): 17.18% (52-week range of 11.82%-26.26%) – BULLISH
- Analysts’ Mean Target Price: $43.35 (below current price) – BEARISH
- Last Earnings Move: Sharp Move Up – BULLISH
Overall The Technicals Rating for PFE: TTTTTTTTTT (7 out of 10) – MODERATELY BULLISH
IMPORTANT: The information above should not be construed as investment advice and should not be considered as a solicitation to buy or sell securities. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Trading and investing in the financial markets involves substantial risk of loss, and may not be suitable for all investors.
Disclosure: At the time of this article’s publication, we have no position in any security or trade/investment mentioned, nor do we have any business relationship with any company whose stock may be mentioned.
Chief Market Strategist at The Technicals
With more than two decades of experience as an equity analyst for several major research firms, Don has covered individual stocks (both technically and fundamentally) across a wide variety of sectors and industries, including tech, financial, and retail. He has been quoted regularly in key financial media like Bloomberg and Reuters. Contact Don