High-Performing Growth Stocks to Watch Mid-March 2019
As we hit mid-March of 2019, the stock market remains on a robust recovery from the lows of late December 2018. However, the S&P 500 has just stalled around major resistance and needs to overcome this strong technical barrier before advancing. As the overall market wavers around this resistance, we bring you several strong potential opportunities in high-performing growth stocks.
What is a Growth Stock?
Generally, a growth stock is one that tends to grow, or rise in price, substantially more quickly than average. This may be due to a leading technology, unique products/services, a fast-expanding customer base, and/or some other differentiating factor that strongly attracts investors to the company’s stock.
We assess growth stocks based on the strength of both their technicals and fundamentals. These are stocks that show:
- Strong bullish trends on multiple time frames.
- Significant growth in earnings per share (EPS) over time.
- Exceptional relative strength within their industries, sectors, and the market as a whole.
How Do Growth Stock Traders Trade?
Growth stock traders generally seek to identify stocks with top technical/fundamental traits and strong, positive trends as early as possible. They then attempt to ride those trends, and then get out if and when the technicals and/or fundamentals change for the worse. Typically, traders of growth stocks seek to take advantage of pullbacks or consolidations, and then upside breakouts.
The Stocks to Watch
- CDNS – Cadence Design Systems | Price (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): $61.16 | Year-to-Date Performance (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): +40.66% | Market Capitalization: $17 B | Cadence Design Systems is a large-cap that provides electronic design automation (EDA) software and engineering services. Cadence produces software and hardware for designing integrated circuits, systems on chips, and printed circuit boards.
- KEYS – Keysight Technologies | Price (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): $85.33 | Year-to-Date Performance (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): +37.45% | Market Capitalization: $16 B | Keysight Technologies is a large-cap that manufactures electronics test and measurement equipment and software.
- KL – Kirkland Lake Gold | Price (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): $34.34 | Year-to-Date Performance (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): +31.62% | Market Capitalization: $7 B | Kirkland Lake Gold is a fast-growing mid-cap gold miner that produces gold from mines in Canada and Australia.
- CTRE – CareTrust REIT | Price (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): $23.97 | Year-to-Date Performance (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): +29.85% | Market Capitalization: $2 B | CareTrust REIT is a small-to-mid-cap that acquires and leases senior housing and healthcare properties across the U.S. to operators of all sizes.
- STOR – STORE Capital | Price (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): $32.55 | Year-to-Date Performance (as of the market close on 3/14/2019): +14.98% | Market Capitalization: $7 B | STORE Capital, a mid-cap, is an internally managed net-lease real estate investment trust (REIT) that acquires, invests in and manages Single Tenant Operational Real Estate (STORE).
IMPORTANT: The information above should not be construed as investment advice and should not be considered as a solicitation to buy or sell securities. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Trading and investing in the financial markets involves substantial risk of loss, and may not be suitable for all investors.
Disclosure: At the time of this article’s publication, we have no position in any security or trade/investment mentioned, nor do we have any business relationship with any company whose stock may be mentioned.
Senior Technical Analyst at The Technicals
As a momentum stock trader, Luke focuses mostly on strong market moves. Luke has been trading the markets since the early 2000s, but still gets excited by big movers. Whether a surging large-cap tech company or meteoric penny stock, Luke tracks and trades winners. A technical analysis purist, Luke authors many of our Top Stocks & ETFs reports. Contact Luke